We aim to provide our customers with the #1 Telephone Betting Service in the industry.
Over 18s Only
In the United Kingdom it is illegal for someone who is under 18 years of age to gamble. WilsonBet will verify that a customer is over 18 years of age before allowing a customer to bet.
Please try and establish responsible limits before you commence betting with WilsonBet. You can set daily, weekly or monthly limits by contacting our customer services team on 01932 888822 or via our freephone (from UK landlines only) number 0800 652 1555.
As a fixed odds sports betting operator, we try to ensure that all of our customers are aware of the tools available to them to help them gamble responsibly. We believe that gambling on sports & horse racing should be a fun and enjoyable leisure activity, so to ensure you remain in control of your gambling, it may help you to view the various account tool options available to you:
Please see below the variety of options that are available to customers to help customers enjoy gambling responsibly.
* ‘Net’ Deposit Limits: You may set a daily, weekly or monthly ‘net’ deposit limit. This way you can manage the amount of money that you are spending over any given period.
* Maximum Stake Limit: You may set a maximum bet stake per transaction.
* Time Limitations: You may choose to prevent yourself from gambling during certain times of the day. (For example, only allowed to place bets between 1pm to 6pm or no bets after 7pm. No bets on a Sunday etc).
* Timeouts: You can take a break from betting from between one day and six weeks.
* Product Timeout: You can take a break from betting on a particular sport from between one day and six weeks. (eg. no bets on Darts or Greyhounds).
* Account Closure: You may close your account indefinitely at any time. You may reopen the account however reactivation will be subject to a 24hr cooling off period.
* Self Exclusion: For customers who wish to close their account for a fixed term and not be allowed to re-open, you can choose to self-exclude yourself from betting with Wilsonbet for a minimum period of 6 months and up to a maximum period of 5 years. Please note that once chosen to self-exclude, this action cannot be reversed. When choosing to Self Exclude the following will apply:
- A self-exclusion agreement cannot be revoked.
- This agreement only applies to WilsonBet, if you have accounts with other operators you may consider excluding yourself from those operators.
- If you wish to resume gambling after the exclusion period expires you must contact the customer services department and speak with the Compliance Team before being allowed to re-open.
- Once an agreement to re-commence gambling after a period of exclusion has been reached, you will be required to wait 24 hours before you will be allowed to resume gambling
- Our customer services team will be available to discuss any aspect of this process or the implications of it.
If you would like any further information concerning the above options or Safer Gambling in general, please feel free to contact a member of our team. Any disclosed information or discussions will obviously be kept in the strictest confidence.
All Wilsonbet customers should please remember that:
* gambling should be a fun & enjoyable leisure activity.
* you should only gamble what you can afford to lose.
* you should avoid chasing losses.
* you should keep track of the time and the amount you spend on gambling.
Access to Customer History
We can provide you with a history of all transactions, withdrawals and deposits, at any time on your request. Simply telephone one of our team on 01932 888822 to request a statement which can be lifetime or any period you require. The statements can be emailed or posted to you. You can also email these requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Help & Support
- Don’t let gambling interfere with your daily life and responsibilities.
- Gambling is not advised if you are in recovery for any dependency or are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance.
- Do not turn to gambling as an alternative source of income or as a way to recoup debt.
- For information on how to gamble responsibly and for information on dealing with problem gambling visit:
www.begambleaware.co.uk which has a 24/7 National Gambling Helpline Telephone number: 0808 8020 133.
If you would like further advice or help with responsible gambling, then you could also contact one of the following organisations whose details are provided below:
Gamblers Anonymous: www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk Tel: 0330 094 0322.
Gambling Therapy: www.gamblingtherapy.org
GamStop: www.gamstop.co.uk Tel: 0800 138 6518: This is The National ‘Online’ Self Exclusion Scheme. Once registered with GamStop, a customer is then prevented from using ‘online’ bookmakers licensed in Great Britain.
Samaritans: (For immediate help) Freephone 116 123 or visit www.samaritans.org
If you feel you may have a problem with your gambling, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you stay away from work to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- If when gambling you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair, and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the bus fare home or the cost of a cup of tea?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
- Have others ever criticised your gambling?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or pay gambling debts?
- Are you reluctant to spend ‘gambling money’ on anything else?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or other pastimes?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble more?
- Do you feel depressed or suicidal because of your gambling?
The more you answer ‘yes’ to these questions, the more likely it is that you have a gambling problem and may wish to seek help and advice through the channels outlined above.